Explains how to work with API request limits.
Stability and performance are important aspects of the LeanIX user experience. While we strive to grant as much flexibility as possible for our APIs we ensure that the experience:
- remains consistent and predictable
- is fairly distributed, i.e., each customer workspace receives the same share
- is easy to understand and implement
To do so we limit certain APIs to alleviate risks and to reduce downtimes and error pages. These limits are enforced through so called Rate Limits. The actual configuration of Rate Limits are subject to change, for instance we might in the future allow certain APIs to process more or less requests while maintaining a consistent stability and performance experience. We try to design our APIs in a way that you are not required to change client implementations when we do.
How to work with Rate Limiting at LeanIX
To achieve that the following fundamental concept applies to all of our Rate Limiting:
Any request sent to our APIs is served via HTTP. If you reach a Rate Limit the service will respond with an HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response. The response might contain a Retry-After header indicating a specific time when new requests can be done. Otherwise your client needs to decide when to retry depending on the API-specific limits.
Our internal capabilities (e.g., Integration API, ServiceNow or Signavio Integrations, etc.) adhere to this concept out of the box when they call other LeanIX APIs.
Active Rate Limiting
Link to OpenAPI (Target URL may vary depending on your SSO/Region-configuration)
- Requests from our internal service Integration API are limited to 20 requests per second per Workspace. Integration API takes care of rescheduling rate limited requests for you.
- Requests from our internal service Integrations ServiceNow are limited to 20 requests per second per Workspace. The ServiceNow Integration takes care of rescheduling rate limited requests for you.
- Requests from our internal service Integrations Signavio are limited to 20 requests per second per Workspace. The Signavio Integration takes care of rescheduling rate limited requests for you.