In a nutshell, business transformation needs to improve business capabilities. Use the Business Capability Map to:
- Understand which objectives are impacting business capabilities
- Double-down on the critical objectives
- Analyze high-level impact and track maturity of the business
Create a new section on the Business Capability factsheet to track the maturity (Use the meta configuration option). Consider the current, target state and of course their strategic importance.
We recommend the following levels to track maturity:
- Level 1 - Ad-hoc: Processes are largely manual and inconsistent. Success often depends on individual heroics.
- Level 2 - Repeatable: Basic and consistent processes are established and can be repeated for similar projects.
- Level 3 - Defined: Processes are automated and integrated across all processes for the organisation.
- Level 4 - Managed: Processes are automated and measured for success.
- Level 5 - Optimized: Processes yield consistent results and are continually optimized.
And these values to understand their strategic importance:
- Innovation: is critical to competitive advantage.
- Differentiation: is important to achieve excellence in order to compete with and differentiate from others.
- Commodity: maintains commodity and operational needs, but does not provide any competitive advantage.
The values as part of the Factsheet can now be leveraged in any report and of course in the inventory as new filters
Updated about 2 months ago