Okta provides cloud software that helps companies manage and secure user authentication into applications, and for developers to build identity controls into applications, website web services, and devices.
Okta is a valuable source for discovery as it provides not only the ability to discover services and users but also to discover employee and department data.
- Integration categories:
- Single Sign-on & CASB System
- Authentication mechanism:
To integrate OKTA as a discovery integration you need to enable LeanIX SMP API service integration in the OKTA admin panel.
To do so follow these steps:
- Open Okta admin panel and go to Applications > API Service Integrations and click Add Integration
- Select an application, based on permissions that fit your use best:
- LeanIX requires the following scopes:
- LeanIX - SaaS discovery requires the following scopes:
Select the application, and click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Okta automatically selects and present the required permission. You can review them and click on Install & Authorize.
- Copy the Client Secret and click Done.
Copy Okta Domain and Client ID.
After creating Okta credentials:
- In LeanIX Enterprise Architecture: Navigate to Administration > SaaS Discovery > Integrations, find Okta and click Add integration
- Input credentials you generated on the Okta admin portal.
Click Integrate and wait for the connection to be established.
Updated 25 days ago