If your organization is using SAP Signavio for business process management, the LeanIX out-of-the-box integration allows you to leverage that data for even better IT and business alignment and informed decisions to drive your transformation agenda! This and related articles provide an overview of the benefits of the integration, how to activate it, how to map data from SAP Signavio to LeanIX and vice versa, and how to leverage configuration options. All of this is possible without coding!
Once the integration is activated, your business process data will be synced automatically with LeanIX and vice versa resulting in:
- Reduced costs of manual data management
- Efficient data management and collaboration across business operations and IT
- Analyze business processes to verify optimal IT infrastructure implementation (applications, processes, and IT components)
- Greater transparency when decommissioning processes and systems to minimize errors
- Standardize modeling of processes in SAP Signavio through the automated import of Applications and other objects from LeanIX
The integration between the two tools unlocks some powerful links that will enrich the views for Business Process Managers in SAP Signavio and Enterprise Architects and Applications Owners in LeanIX EAM:
- All Process Fact Sheets in LeanIX will be created automatically from Signavio
- Applications captured in LeanIX can be linked to processes in LeanIX
- Once a process is linked to an Application, its definition is displayed directly on the Fact Sheet
- In SAP Signavio, a user can include LeanIX Applications from the dictionary in the process definition
- Process documentation updates are automatically shown in LeanIX
- The Process Fact Sheet is also automatically updated
- Reporting from both systems allows displaying the relationship between Processes and Applications
Before enabling the integration, please ensure you or a colleague/consultant working with you has the fundamental knowledge about Signavio BPM, LeanIX Data Model best practices and the ability to do the following within your instance
- Setup Integration User credentials
- Set permissions and/or IP whitelisting if necessary
Key steps to activate the SAP Signavio integration:
- Go to the Administration area
- Select Integrations in the left-hand panel. Here you have the possibility to configure and activate SAP Signavio for your LeanIX workspace.
- Click on Configure to do so. You can see the Status of the SAP Signavio integration (active/inactive) for your workspace and check its current version.
After clicking on Configure, you will see an empty list of configurations and a button to create a New Configuration. There are two reasons to have more than one configuration:
- Multi-tenancy: You can use multiple configurations to integrate with multiple Signavio instances, e.g. for different departments
- Optimised Scheduling: Each configuration can have its own customised time schedule, e.g. some processes are synchronised more often than others
Click on the button on top to create your first New Configuration and follow the next sections of this documentation to fill in the details.
This documentation is separated into the following four key pieces of information to help you understand the integration more deeply:
Updated 15 days ago