Automatically discover details about self-built software from VSM for your EA practice
Overview and benefits
The integration with LeanIX VSM offers an automatic way to integrate data about self-built software discovered from your LeanIX Value Stream Management (VSM) workspace into your LeanIX Enterprise Architecture Management (EAM) workspace.
Benefits of the integration
Using this integration will allow you to:
- Use aggregated information on your self-built software to drive decision making within EAM
- Provide a seamless end-to-end view in EAM on your IT Landscape to support your business transformation use cases
- Populate the Product Catalog in VSM with your self-built applications
How to activate VSM integration
Key steps to activate the VSM integration:
- Go to the Administration area
- Select Integrations in the left-hand panel. Here you have the possibility to configure and activate the VSM integration for your LeanIX EAM workspace.
- Click on Configure to do so.
Configure the integration
Let's have a look on the configuration page: It is structured in two sections, the Basic Configuration and the Product Synchronization . Let us go through them one by one.
1. Setup the Basic Configuration
In this section you can choose the VSM workspace you want to discover data from. The list will include all VSM workspaces from your account that your user has access to.
You can also set the integration to active or inactive.
2. Product Synchronisation
Next, you can configure which of your Applications of your EAM Workspace will be send to your VSM Mapping Inbox so that you can map them to the corresponding VSM Product.
First, you can choose any tag that is applicable to Applications. The integration will import any Application carrying this tag into your VSM Mapping Inbox. There, you can map it to a corresponding product. If you leave it empty, all Applications will be imported.
Secondly, you can also choose whether this specific synchronization is active or inactive.
3. Saving & running the integration
After saving the integration, it will immediately start a synchronization of the workspaces. In general, such a synchronization runs at least once per hour. Additionally, the integration will react to changes on the involved workspaces to update the synchronized data right away.
As for the other integrations, the progress and the results (including warnings and errors) of the synchronizations of this integration will be tracked in the Sync Logging.
- Our VSM product & its documentation
Updated about 13 hours ago